Accepting that your marriage has failed is not always easy. While the emotional trauma and stress can be hard to deal with, you must look into the future and find a better space to be happy. Processing your divorce in Wauwatosa doesn’t need to be a complex legal process, especially when your spouse wants the same. It is important to address that no two divorces are exactly alike, which means the solutions that may have worked for a friend may not work for you. It is a prudent decision to meet a Wauwatosa divorce lawyer to understand the various legal steps. In this post, we are sharing crucial details about getting through the process.
- Before you move ahead, have a conversation with your spouse and discuss whether you can jointly file the petition for divorce. It will likely be a simpler divorce as long as both spouses can agree on pertinent issues timechi.
- If there is disagreement on things like child custody, distribution of assets, and use of the family home, you may need to consider a temporary hearing gimnow.com.
- The next step is to file a divorce petition and summons. The copies of these documents, along with other relevant papers, such as the proposed parenting plan, must be served to your spouse.
- Your lawyer will obtain a date for the hearing. If you and your spouse are talking at this point, consider discussing the marriage settlement agreement, which will outline how things will pan out after the divorce.
- You will need to appear for the final hearing. Either you have the marriage settlement agreement that both parties have agreed upon, or you go with the proposed marital settlement, which your spouse can contest.
- Once everything is agreed upon, you will sign the remaining documents and file the same in court.
Meeting a divorce lawyer
If you are still determining whether you can evaluate and understand the legal jargon fairly, meet a divorce lawyer before making the first move. Your lawyer will help you with the paperwork and try their best to resolve things outside of court to avoid a contested divorce. For many couples, mediation is a great way to agree on significant matters, and there will be a neutral mediator who will try to help both sides. Your lawyer will represent you during the mediation process and also at court hearings so that you don’t compromise your rights apsession.
Call a divorce lawyer now!